1. The Little House Books by Laura Ingalls
It was the first series I remember reading as a kid. It made me want to live on the prairie, wear long dresses, and ride in a wagon.
2. Nancy Drew Mysteries
I will always have fond memories of those old yellow-backed books. Nancy was my hero, and she taught me that girls could be smart, brave, and adventurous.
3. Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
Anne was a dreamer just like me. We both lived in our heads, and sometimes that got us in a lot of trouble.
4. Emily of New Moon by LM Montgomery
These books made me believe that I could be a writer someday. I believe that they are also the reason I’m so fond of dark stories.
5. By the Light of the Moon by Dean Koontz
This book was my introduction to Dean Koontz, and I’ve been hooked ever since.
6. The Gunslinger by Stephen King
I had always been too afraid to read Stephen King’s books. The movie It had scared the crap out of me as a kid. But then a friend lent me a copy of The Gunslinger and I’ve been a fan ever since. Yes, his books do scare me, but they also make me laugh, cry, and care about his characters.
7. Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
The reason that I love Epic Fantasy.
8. The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
Harry Potter isn’t just a books series, it’s a way of life! I had never wanted to be part of a world, more than I wanted to be a part of Harry’s. Still do.
9. The Amber Chronicles by Roger Zelazny
The second reason I love Epic Fantasy. And I’m still in love with Corwin.
10. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
This is my favorite book. Ever!
This has been in my drafts folder for way too long. Since before last Thanksgiving, I think. EEP! Anyway… What books are you most thankful for? Let me know in the comments!