This post was originally published on October 5, 2011. With the Fall season nearly here, I thought it would be a good idea to repost it for those looking to update their wardrobes.
I love window shopping, in real stores and online. Last week, I was browsing Banana Republic’s website, and found this great article showing where Lucky magazine took 13 pieces from Banana Republic and made 31 outfits. It is so cool! Most of us already have these basic pieces in our wardrobes, so it would be so easy to recreate these looks. Below, I made a list of the basics that they used.
- One button down shirt
- two blouses
- one pullover sweater
- one cardigan
- two skirts
- one pair of jeans
- one pair of trousers
- one jacket
- one dress
- one pair of pumps
- one pair of booties
I thought this list could be really useful if:
- You have decided to become a minimalist and are doing a closet clean out. This could be a handy list of items to keep.
- You are traveling for an extended period of time and want to pack light. This list would give you plenty of options to keep your wardrobe fresh.
- You recently lost weight and need to build a new wardrobe. This would be a good starting point.
- You just started a new job and need a list of basics to get your work wardrobe off the ground.
- Or if you are like me and want to learn to remix the pieces you already own.
Here are the 31 outfits:
Personally, I found this article really inspiring. What really impressed me – they didn’t cheat! Each outfit actually consists of pieces from the 13 shown, they didn’t add other items in, except for purses, jewelry and scarves. 🙂
So, what do you think of Banana Republic’s 13 key pieces? What are your key pieces? What inspires you to be more creative with your own wardrobe?